Alternative medicine recipes are still actively used in the treatment of various health problems. In the early stages of prostatitis, home remedies are sufficient. But if the moment is missed, and the problem is already fraught with concomitant complications, you will have to use pharmacological drugs.
Classification and main symptoms.
Prostatitis is the development of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. The main source of pathology is a violation of the blood supply to the muscles and tissues of the small pelvis or its infection.
The main symptoms that help to identify the disease:
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Cutting pains when going to the bathroom or ejaculating.
- Minor purulent inclusions contained in the urine.
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence).
The acute form is accompanied by signs of an inflammatory process in the body: general lethargy and weakness, hyperthermia, headaches.
The disease has a specific classification:
- Acute form of bacterial prostatitis.
- Chronic bacterial disease.
- Non-bacterial chronic prostatitis.
- Asymptomatic, inflammatory prostatitis.
In turn, non-bacterial lesions are divided into 2 categories: inflammatory and non-inflammatory.
In the initial stages of the disease, the symptoms are subtle and short-lived, but if you do not take any steps to treat and prevent prostatitis, the symptoms become progressive with severe pain and frequent erectile dysfunction.
You can confirm or deny suspicions about a problem with the prostate gland by contacting a doctor (urologist) who will conduct a series of diagnostic studies, offer to answer some test questions, prescribe treatment if necessary, and educate you on the methods. prevention.
The causes of the disease.
The prerequisites for the development of prostatitis are different and depend on the lifestyle. Men at a young age often notice erectile dysfunction after stress, for example, during a college session or when they have problems at work.
A large percentage of patients diagnosed with prostatitis are overweight, which contributes to poor circulation in the pelvic area. There is a stagnation of blood, an increase in the size of the prostate gland. The declared processes, as a rule, contribute to the formation of inflammation in the surrounding tissues and organs.
Last but not least, there is the development of prostatitis due to trauma to the pelvic organs. In case of damage, a partial or complete violation of the blood supply occurs (rupture of blood vessels, their infringement). An insufficient level of physical activity (sedentary work of drivers, office workers) leads to stagnation of blood and infringement of the organs and tissues of the small pelvis.
Inflammatory processes of the surrounding organs and tissues, for example, in the rectum, pass to the prostate gland. Prostatitis develops as a complication of frequent exacerbations of genitourinary infections and venereal diseases.
Alternative medicine has an impressive list of recipes in its arsenal. Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies should be complex, since the reasons for its development are varied. The course should include sedative herbal preparations, anti-inflammatory herbal preparations, and of course potency-enhancing products.
One of the most effective methods to improve blood circulation in the pelvic area is the local application of leeches, but not all patients take this step. At the initial stages of pathology, some recipes can independently solve the male problem of prostatitis, while others play the role of an auxiliary method of treatment against the background of basic drug therapy.
Essential oils and preparations of various herbal raw materials are used as herbal medicine: hemlock, hazelnut, pear, celandine, chestnut, Kalanchoe and others.
For the treatment of prostatitis in men, a decoction of onion peels is successfully used. It is not difficult to prepare: raw materials need to be washed, placed in a saucepan and filled with water. Boil for 5 minutes and leave for an hour. The resulting broth must be filtered and consumed three times a day, half a teaspoon.
The drug is prepared as follows:
- Peel and mince 5 medium garlic cloves.
- Pour the resulting porridge with boiling water (half a liter).
- Insist during the night.
- Be sure to strain the infusion before taking it.
- It should be taken in a quarter glass before breakfast and dinner.
This medicine takes effect after 4-5 days. In this case, the course of treatment should not be interrupted, it should last about a month.
The positive effect of garlic on prostatitis is not due to the effect on potency, but to the ability to clean the blood vessels. It is thanks to this that the blood flow of all the organs and tissues of the small pelvis improves.
Tar collected from birch is known in folk medicine for its anti-inflammatory properties. With prostatitis, the substance can be used as a rectal mixture and tar water.
Rectal mixture is prepared as follows: the raw material should be slightly heated, and a few drops of propolis tincture should be introduced. A small amount of the resulting composition is injected into the anus at night. It is necessary to be treated for about 2 months.
To prepare tar water, you need to dissolve birch tar in water in a ratio of 1: 8. This solution is brought to a boil and cooked for 5 minutes. The drug should be infused in a tightly closed bottle in a dark place (2 days). During this time, a foam forms on the surface of the tar water, which must be removed, and the contents of the jar are poured into another storage container.
You should drink half a glass of water half an hour before a meal. The duration of the course of treatment is only 10 days, then it is recommended to take a break of the same duration and repeat the course of treatment. After that, after 20 days, ten days of drinking water again. If a return to medication is necessary, this can only be done after one year.
The crushed dry aspen bark should be placed in a 1 liter for 1 third saucepan. Fill with water. In this way, the mixture is infused for 2 weeks. You should take a filtered medicinal infusion in 1 tablespoon. l. three times a day. Since the composition is very bitter, you can try to sweeten it with honey.
Honey and aloe
A mixture of honey, aloe and red wine is used as a remedy for prostatitis. In equal quantities, you need to take the juice of aloe leaves and honey (for example, 500 g each) and pour a bottle of dry red wine. Insist for 5 days in a dark place. The received drug is taken for a month, 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. After a week, the course of treatment can be repeated.
Ginseng is famous for its anti-aging properties that affect the entire body as a whole, including the prostate. The tincture can be purchased at a pharmacy or prepared yourself at home. 1 part of ginseng leaves or root represents 10 parts of 50% alcohol. For the treatment of prostatitis, you need to take 20 drops once a day. But this remedy also has contraindications. It is better not to use it if you are prone to insomnia and hypertension.
In folk medicine, there are several quite effective herbal preparations:
- The most effective recipe using herbs for the treatment of prostatitis is to collect nettle, birch, lingonberry, horsetail, sage, cinquefoil, wormwood from the foliage. Vegetable raw materials need to be mixed in equal quantities and boiled in water for 15 minutes. Leave on for 2-3 hours. You should drink the infusion three times a day after eating a quarter of a glass.
- Another collection of herbs is not inferior in its positive properties: birch buds, milk thistle, calamus root, celandine, sleeve, chamomile, field ivy, flax seeds, wheatgrass, hawthorn berries. The method of preparation and the dose of use are similar to the first recipe. Lemon is added to tea for flavor.
In addition to all the listed herbal remedies, the treatment of prostatitis at home is carried out with special devices (massagers), which have a magnetic, vibratory or electrical effect.
As an additional remedy for prostatitis during the main therapy, it is recommended to take pine baths. This fee for water treatments is available in pharmacies. According to the instructions on the label, you need to boil a certain amount of dry raw materials and add the concentrated solution to a bath filled with warm water. There should be enough liquid to stand. This procedure should be done every night before bed until the water cools down (15 minutes). You do not need to sit in a cold bath - this leads to excessive hypothermia.
Exercise is extremely beneficial for a sedentary lifestyle. Sitting in an office for 8 hours, even in a comfortable chair, interrupts the blood supply in the small pelvis, which leads to stagnant processes. Specially selected sets of exercises accelerate the blood and improve the blood supply to the tissues and organs. It should be borne in mind that playing sports will not have a positive effect on bacterial prostatitis.
As an accusation against the problem under consideration, a series of special exercises has been developed:
- Squats: 100 times a day. They need to be deep. If the physical form does not allow you to do this number of repetitions, you can divide it into several approaches. The next day, out of habit, the leg muscles may ache. In the beginning, squatting every other day is enough, and over time, as the muscles get stronger, you should increase the load.
- "Scissors" while sitting on the floor - 20 times. The same exercise in the prone position, also 20 times.
- "Kalachik" - lying on your back, you need to pull your knees as hard as possible against your chest and grab them with your hands. Stay in this state for 20 minutes. In this case, swinging is allowed, which has a good effect on posture and spine.
- Self-massage of the perineum can also be attributed to physical effects on the pelvic organs. Regular massage helps to eliminate stagnant processes and improve blood circulation.
This set of exercises can not only help to get rid of prostatitis, but it is also a good method to prevent its development.
Conservative drug treatment
After passing the diagnosis and confirming the diagnosis, drug therapy is prescribed, consisting of several categories of drugs:
- Muscle relaxants.
- Alpha group adrenergic blockers.
- Rectal suppositories.
Antibiotics of a certain action are prescribed, which tend to accumulate in the prostate and have an antibacterial effect on its tissues. Muscle relaxants help relax the muscles in the pelvic area, which can be tight during a prostatitis flare.
The combination of treatment with pharmacological drugs with recipes of traditional medicine and an additional course of physiotherapy allows you to successfully fight prostatitis. It is categorically not recommended to delay treatment, because one of the most dangerous complications of the pathology in question is prostate cancer.
Taking care of prevention is easy: it is necessary to lead an active and healthy lifestyle. The main methods of preventive measures include:
- exclusion of hypothermia cases;
- sufficient physical activity: morning exercises, frequent walks;
- wearing loose, loose-fitting clothing;
- limit the use of spicy fried foods and the introduction of foods rich in vitamins and minerals (celery, parsley and others);
- rejection of alcohol and tobacco consumption;
- good rest;
- normal (regular) sex life;
- avoid withdrawal cases;
- vitamin and mineral courses;
- Observance of personal hygiene.
Also, as a prevention of prostatitis, you can use herbal drugs, and herbal preparations and baths not only help to cure the disease, but can also prevent its development.